Some of the things I learned from the previous workplace:
- Age does not equate to efficiency. This rings true for years of experience as well. Just because someone is older than you, does not mean he or she is more capable.
- Loyalty is not everything. I once thought that loyalty is one of the most important things in life. I guess life should not be viewed in black or white. There are shades of grey in between. I have to keep that in mind.
- I should stop burning bridges. Life is short. Explore bridges and keep the important ones open. The ones that are not too important, we should not set on fire. Let them wither on their own. Who knows, maybe wild flowers would grow on them.
- Love yourself as much as you love others.
- Seek for justice no matter what but keep in mind that words of Mufasa. “Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.”
- Let yourself be heard even if your voice shakes.
- Fall in love with the sun when you enter the workplace but greet the moon at home.